Tuesday, October 26, 2010

No More Teenagers

Well we celebrated my youngest daughter Crystal's 20th Birthday today. I am 62 now and it seems I have had kids all my life. When your youngest leaves the teenage years, you tend to realize that there will never be any more teens in your house that are yours. Yes, I have grandkids that are in their teens but it is not the same as one of your kids. I had three - the last one, Crystal, was born a year after I had my first heart attack. Don't ask me if that first heart attack had anything to do with it, I don't know. 

I got married right out of high school and started a family the following year. As my other two kids, Sandi and Shannon, grew up and we moved to Florida, they were still close by. In fact Shannon lived with us there for a number of years. We kind of figured after the first two, that no more would come along. But lo and behold, Crystal was our surprise child.

Just thought I would jot this down while I am sitting at the computer and we have arrived back home after a night out at the Mellow Mushroom in Raleigh celebrating. My wife is asleep - exhausted because of the PSP she has.

Sometimes you have to stop and - like they say - smell the roses. My little girl is no longer a kid anymore and it just kind of makes you sad to know that those years are behind you now - never to return.

Just another tidbit of info As Time Goes By.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To make a comment or post, click on comments. Then, type in your message and - where it says Comment as: (select one of the accounts listed - if you don't have one of the accounts listed, select Anonymous). If you select Anonymous, you will have to post your name at the end of the comments you made in order for others to know who made the post. You can preview your comments also. If you don't want to include your name, that is ok too. When all this is done, you will have to enter the letters shown for word verification so the server knows it is a person and not a computer scam entry. Hope this helps explain a little more on how to make a comment.