Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Do A Good Deed

I remember the last year that my wife Sandra was alive, she, I and my daughter Sandi went to a restaurant in Raleigh. Sandra was in a wheelchair then and of course I brought her in the restaurant in the wheelchair. We enjoyed our meal but were totally surprised when I went to pay the bill. Someone had actually paid our bill for us! Don't know who it was or why but just the fact that people show a little compassion that way just gives you a good feeling.

So, day before yesterday, I went to a restaurant for breakfast and as I enjoyed the meal, I noticed that a young girl helped bring in an elderly lady for breakfast. I figured the young girl would join her but she did not. As I went to pay my bill, I told the waitress I wanted to pay this lady's bill, and did. I told her not to tell her who did it but just tell her it was paid for.

This morning I was setting in the parking lot of another restaurant checking out Facebook and a young girl comes up and knocks on my window. She gave me a story of how her mother had to be taken to Winston Salem hospital and she needed to get there to see her and only had 5 bucks for gas. So, I gave her some money to help get her there.

Now, I know maybe this young girl was not telling me the truth, who knows. But I figured, if I give for no other reason than to possibly help, then maybe this is what God wants us to do. We can't judge what the real need is for a person sometimes but if we give with the idea that this is what God wants us to do, it is up to Him to do the rest. As 2 Corinthians Chap 9 Verse 7 says, "God loves a cheerful giver".

If you are out and about sometime and in a restaurant or a public place and see someone that you might think could use just a little help, give them a free meal or something that could help brighten their day. It sure can't hurt - and who knows, you could get a blessing out of it yourself! Do A Good Deed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

To make a comment or post, click on comments. Then, type in your message and - where it says Comment as: (select one of the accounts listed - if you don't have one of the accounts listed, select Anonymous). If you select Anonymous, you will have to post your name at the end of the comments you made in order for others to know who made the post. You can preview your comments also. If you don't want to include your name, that is ok too. When all this is done, you will have to enter the letters shown for word verification so the server knows it is a person and not a computer scam entry. Hope this helps explain a little more on how to make a comment.